Ever since we opened 12 years ago, food critics, the mainstream press and our customers have consistently said the same thing – in the midst of franchise chains and forgettable gin mills surrounding Madison Square Garden stands Tir na nog, a gem that combines the hospitality of a traditional Irish pub with New American cuisine and the finest Irish and American craft beers on tap.
We’ve always attracted a nice crowd of Knicks fans, Ranger fans, concert goers and even families attending the circus and shows in The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
How do we attract such an eclectic mix of customers? Well, aside from being across the street from the Garden, we also manage to offer something for everyone, while not losing focus on anyone, and continuing to evolve with the times.
- Our Knicks and Rangers fans love our Irish Cheddar Cheeseburgers and our bar menu that ranges in price from $9 to $13 for classic American and Irish delicacies such as Rice-dusted Calamari, Raw Blue Point Oysters, Meatballs, Sausage Rolls, and Buffalo Wings; we can’t wait to introduce our sports fans to our new line-up of American Craft Beer on tap.
- Some concert goers have similar tastes, while others choose a Cider-brined Thick Cut Pork Chop or Tomato and Herb Crusted Salmon Fillet from our fabulous dinner menu and enjoy our Champagne Cocktails.
- Families enjoy a mix of all of these, and appreciate that we’re not only kid-friendly (well, for well-behaved kids anyway!) but we also offer a kids menu of items under $10, so those with little stomachs don’t leave you with a big bill.
Tir na nog’s dining room features carved wood, a Waterford crystal chandelier and gorgeous Gaelic script touches. Tir Na Nog has three areas in addition to the main dining room.
- Our main bar area touts a beautiful mahogany bar crafted from the framework of a cathedral organ, atmospheric Gothic chandeliers and stained glass.
- Our Cathedral Room features real cathedral pews as chairs for a distinctly Irish feel – it’s a great room for big groups, particularly for weekend brunch.
- The Library Room has its own bar, and is lined with bookshelves, offering a cozy atmosphere best suited to intimate dinner parties or cocktail gatherings.
We encourage you to take a virtual tour of Tir Na Nog and stop by before and after your next event at Madison Square Garden.